Job Opportunity – Executive Director
St. Michael’s Printshop, St. John’s, NL is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic candidate for the position of EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mandate and financial objectives. St. Michael’s Printshop is reaching a pivotal point in its 40 year history, and the Executive Director will see the organization through these developments.
Closing Date: Oct. 31, 2015
Position Start Date: Dec. 7, 2015
Salary: commensurate with education and experience; benefits included
Terms: full time, permanent
Contact: Erin Heys, Business and Evens Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide leadership in developing programming, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board;
- Communicate with the Board, membership and general public, both orally and in writing;
- Promote the organization’s activities through the SMP website, social media, monthly e-newsletter, and local media outlets;
- Develop an annual budget and manage day to day finances;
- Maintain inventory of prints and retail items in SMP Gallery space, as well as Print Archives.
To be obtained through some combination of post-secondary education and experience.
- Highly motivated
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
- Willingness to relocate to St. John’s, Newfoundland, if not already located here
- Experience in a leadership role within a non-profit
- Experience within an Artist-Run-Centre
- Some knowledge of the Visual Arts and of Printmaking
For a more detailed description of the position, visit: Executive Director – Full Job Description
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.